Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
    Air-King

Which vintage 5513 to get?

Hi All, I am new to this so please bear with me. I love the vintage sub 5513 and I would like to get one, so I need your expertise and advice in deciding which type of 5513 to go for. I have seen countless of these watches with slight variations. I like the look of the early 60's ones with the meters first dial but I have seen later ones with feet 1st and maxi dials that are priced more. Why are these priced more? My gut feel is to go for a meters first watch and hopefully with a riveted strap. Any advice on which type of 5513 to go for would be appreciated!

ehemaliges mitglied
    Gast
    Honestly, giving advice on which watch someone should buy, is virtually impossible. You already noticed the different models. Depending which model, collectors value them differently.

If I were you, I would not ask other people which watch to buy, but I would ask myself, which watch is smiling into my face? Which watch is calling me and touching me, which watch says, buy me, you need to have me.

Now, you already know it is the 5513. That is a wonderful Rolex. Whichever kind strikes you most, buy it. Ask us before you buy to give you some input, we will try to help you judge that the watch you think you are buying is actually and truly the watch offered.

Good luck on your search, enjoy the search, that is the most fun part of watchbuying and collecting...

Air-King
    Themenstarter

Which vintage 5513 to get?

Thank you for the guidance you are right, I should look for the watch that talks to me. I have seen a '67 meters first watch with a riveted dial and a beautiful dome glass. Its got the perfect vintage look in my eyes. I just wanted to understand why a maxi dial watch would cost more than one which was a meters first. Thanks!

ehemaliges mitglied
    Gast

Pfeil

Collectors just fancy the maxi dial 5513. So demand causes the price to go up, economics 101... The maxi dial is a cool 5513, if you like it. A 1967 5513 is cool, with 7206 rivited bracelet and nice dial that is decinately a watch to get. Just make sure the person you are buying from is a good person. Show us pictures when you are done... we are curious. A photo of my 5513, I am still doing some work to bring the watch back to original condition.

Freccione Avatar von maut
    i like the first matte dials like my 66 meters first. but boris is right, you should decide what you like yourself and then ask the forum when you found something you want.

grüsse,
    niels

Air-King
    Themenstarter
    Beautiful watches guys!!! I will send you photos of the watch that I am thinking of to get your feedback. I will try and hunt around for a maxi dial to compare also.

Cheers

Daytona Avatar von Laohu
    TS,
    good hunting and show us pics when you are successfull

Boris,
    great looking 5513 you have here, looking forward to see it when you completed your work on her.
    Grüsse,
    Laohu