Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
    PREMIUM MEMBER Avatar von bullibeer

London calling.... yes she is back... my 5517

Well guy's... it's a long storey... started in april... started with a divine moment!!!!

One of my biggest moments in my Rolex History.
    When i met a great man,.. the first owner of the watch.
    A man with pride,.. not a macho,.. a thinker. Knowing about his history and some lessons from it.
    I had the most amazing afternoon and evening...

Stories and emotions that will keep next to me for a long time... and give this watch the greatest respect and passion.

It's a well beaten 5517 W10 number... from the first owner.
    Well beaten.... with all scares of it's history still there! That is how i got it! Even on it's old strap.

The owner gave the watch to a friend at some point,.. and he tried as many soldiers to destroy the numbers... in order to avoid problems with her Majesties....
    He didn't manage ppphhh and most numbers are still fully readable... The W10 number and issuenumber full!

Funny is,.. the serialnumber is only a few numbers away from the one in the Moldani book.

It was such a emotional meeting,.. and one of the nicest moments,.. was when he was giving me this SBS pin, that was given to him by a friend... who is dead now... and he gave it to me.

[IMG][/IMG]

"I'm really honered and feel privledged to have met you XXXXX !!! Thanks so much! i hope we keep sharing the rolex-passion".

Well.... then it went into Bexley... with some great help. We even had it written... that they only would do a 'Only service on the movement' because it wasn't working. I wanted all scratches to stay. As part of it's history!
    And yesterday.... 3 month later i was able to collect it.... a divine moment again!!!!

Have a look!!!!

They did not listen well.... and polished the watch... first i was shocked... but now...... just waaaaaaaaauuuuuuuw.
    And i learned in the last 24 hours.... the emotion for me is not in the scratches... but in the storey and person i know!!!!!

The hands are re-lumed... and the dial has been cleaned..... can't believe my eyes.... how it turned out!!!

Well compare again!

I had a fantastic help on this one.... can't thank enough for what has been done for me!!!!

Now it's a grail-package.... with Hudson letter, service papers,... service receipt, letter of gouvernance,... and the pin!

Hope you enjoy!!!!!

I had the day of my life...... and a lunch i will never forget ))

Bernhard
    Liebe Grüsse,

Bernhard Bulang

GMT-Master
    One day I will own a milsub for sure even if I have to sell all my collection !!
    Fantastic !!!

-- Crown addicted --

PREMIUM MEMBER Avatar von jk737
    also here: sincere congratulations, enjoy the grail
    Grüße -- Jürgen