Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 15
    Yacht-Master

Comparison Wrist Shot: Submariner 116613 vs. 16613>>>>

Rolex USA sent me the 116613 for evaluation so I've been playing with it this weekend.

My initial reaction is that as much as I like the bracelet upgrades, I'm not big on the thicker lugs. The older 16613 just seems more elegant to me, particularly how the bracelet more proportionately tapers from the case.

Getting an accurate shot which shows the difference in the color of the dial/bezel of these two watches was difficult, but this shot does the trick. The 16613 is a bit darker blue, and the 116613 has a uniform, consistent blue color.

John B. Holbrook, II
    OWNER - LUXURY TYME: The Rolex Reference Page

GMT-Master Avatar von edgar007-nrg
    in my opinion the size of the right one looks better but the colour of the bezel from the left one fits better to the dial

Excuse me for my bad english
    Gruß Tommy

Gesperrter User
    which size has the new one? 43 mm?

Wristshotkönig des Jahres Avatar von Koenig Kurt
    Blog-Einträge
    40mm.

No question which one to chose. I like all the bracelet upgrades as well, but when it comes to elegance, style - and bling - there is only the 16613.

Best regards,
    Kurt

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Yacht-Master
    Themenstarter
    Originally posted by Koenig Kurt
    40mm.

No question which one to chose. I like all the bracelet upgrades as well, but when it comes to elegance, style - and bling - there is only the 16613.

Best regards,
    Kurt
    I'm with you Kurth.

And yes, 40mm.
    John B. Holbrook, II

Daytona Avatar von Laohu
    old one is better, the new one with its "fatty" style case is really out of proportion and does not suit my taste, even though I really like the new massive bracelet and clasp, too bad we cannot have it all
    Grüsse,
    Laohu

Deepsea Avatar von Sub5
    I had also the possibility to compare both, the old and the new version.
    Honestly the old blue is nicer. The new blue is not that bad as on the photograph. It varies in different light conditions. In some light conditions there is no difference to the old blue in artificial bright halogen light the blue of the new model becomes "poppy" or socalled "Aral like". This "aral" taint is underlined by the white dots of the new maxi dial. I have also seen a version with the briliant dial which was not so bad.
    It might be hard to capture the real nature of this blue under artificial or flash light since majority of the photographs have this "aral" taint.
    Would be interesting to see an outdoor wrist shot under natural daylight.
    On the other side there are several imprvements in the new model regarding the bracelet and the clasp. Holding both models in the hands the decisison to chose the old style 16613 because of the blue might be not so obvious or easy.

kind regards thomas

Mil-Sub
    i would always prefer the old one. it´s classic

Yacht-Master
    Themenstarter
    Originally posted by Sub5
    Honestly the old blue is nicer. The new blue is not that bad as on the photograph. It varies in different light conditions. In some light conditions there is no difference to the old blue in artificial bright halogen light the blue of the new model becomes "poppy" or socalled "Aral like". This "aral" taint is underlined by the white dots of the new maxi dial. I have also seen a version with the briliant dial which was not so bad.
    It might be hard to capture the real nature of this blue under artificial or flash light since majority of the photographs have this "aral" taint.
    On the other side there are several imprvements in the new model regarding the bracelet and the clasp. Holding both models in the hands the decisison to chose the old style 16613 because of the blue might be not so obvious or easy.

kind regards thomas
    The photo above was taken indoor, but under the sky lights we have in the living room which provide considerable natural light.

I did try to do a comparison shot in my studio, and it just didn't work - which is why I decided to do the above wrist shot in natural light.
    John B. Holbrook, II

Freccione Avatar von RBLU
    I like both... for daily wear I would prefer the new model.
    However, the old one is more charming.....

I guess, I need both

However, I do not like the two-tone models of both variations.
    Gruss,
    Bernhard

Freccione Avatar von maut
    the new blue is what i don´t like.
    grüsse,
    niels

Deepsea Avatar von Sub5
    Original von jholbrook
    Originally posted by Sub5

kind regards thomas
    The photo above was taken indoor, but under the sky lights we have in the living room which provide considerable natural light.

I did try to do a comparison shot in my studio, and it just didn't work - which is why I decided to do the above wrist shot in natural light.
    I had another impression of the blue. To be honest i dont like it in the shop light when its in the windows. But the blue might change in different lights as it differs in differnt pics.

An example from the sc (m.haban)

Anothe example from ebay

116613 LB

kind regards

Thomas

Yacht-Master Avatar von Hannibal
    The design of the old watch is far better than that of the new one.
    Kind regards
    Volker

Deepsea Avatar von dirkm
    I prefer the old style too. The colour of the new one just doesn't seem to be right
    Classic rules!
    Grüße
    Dirk

Entscheide lieber ungefähr richtig als genau falsch - Johann Wolfgang Goethe

Comex
    Two days ago I had the possibility to see the new 116613 LB. Nice watch, a marvellous blue!!
    LG, Oliver