Hi All,

I just posted the review below to http://www.minus4plus6.com/cool.htm#veraet_rubber that chronicles my latest experience with Veraet's Rubber & Leather Cleaner on a RubberB strap. Any comments welcomed. Higher res images are posted on the web page.
-------

Veraet released a strap cleaner for both leather and rubber straps. According to the Veraet website, "Body salts and oils often damage straps when not cared for properly. " I have never experienced a failed rubber strap, but I do certainly notice when the strap does get dirty and dull.

I have used other rubber strap cleaners from both Cartier and, well, Armor All, and the Veraet Rubber & Leather Care works well for restoring the "new" look without the mess that Armor All brings to the strap.

I use a Rubber B strap on my Rolex GMT-C . Rubber B makes the only Rolex specific strap for Rolex models. When cycling, both the watch and the strap get fairly inundated with sweat and road gunk.

According to the Veraet chemists, the Rubber & Leather cleaner, "dissolves sebaceous oils and associated epithelial soils from the micro pores of all [rubber and leather] watch bands and is wet enough to lift and separate these soils when applied."

This is my GMT-C after a two hour ride. The watch is laying on one of Veraet's microfiber suede cleaning cloths.

The trick with the Rubber & Leather Care is to apply it onto the strap, then let it sit for about 5 minutes. After allowing the cleaner to soak in, wipe the band dry with Veraet's microfiber suede cleaning cloth.

Additionally, I used some standard Watch Spray for the watch head and the clasp.

Although the cleaner is a little runny when applied, it works well. Unlike Cartier's gel cleaner, the Veraet Rubber & Leather Care does not leave a residue that dulls the strap after the sheen has worn off.

With Veraet's cleaner, both the watch and Rubber B's strap looks as good as the first day I owned them.

-Sheldon