Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4

Cool GMT- C & Grand Canyon & Rubber B

In July 2011, I took my GMT-C along with a Rubber B strap to spend 7 days on the Grand Canyon floor. I chose to take a Rubber B because on an earlier two day trip four years ago, I noticed pitting in the clasp from the gritty Colorado River water. On this trip, both the GMT-C and the strap weathered the trip just fine.

Starting from the top left going clockwise:
    • Short runway turbo-prop plane that took us to Lees Ferry the head-end of the trip, the Grand Canyon floor on a typical morning,
    • A view of Marble Canyon (upper Grand Canyon) cutting into the Arizona desert viewed from the plane on the fly into Lees Ferry
    • The helicopter that takes use out of the Grand Canyon at the Bar-10 Ranch seven days into the trip,
    • Lower Deer Creek Falls
    • A typical riffle (small rapid),
    • Upper Deer Creek Falls
    • Wading in waist high water to Mohawk Canyon Falls with my GMT shown on my wrist
    • Random shot at one of the many picturesque stops in the Grand Canyon.

If you have not spent any time on a raft at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, it is definitely worth putting on your bucket list. Although I have now spend time at the the bottom of the canyon on two occasions, I see myself going for a third time.

Taking the strap to the Grand Canyon was a good choice as the gritty Colorado River water does have a tendency to get things gummed up. The camera that shot these images was dried over the evening camp stove on two occasions, and the ceramic bezel on the GMT-C did not rotate very smoothly. Unlike the my traditional GMT (16710) worn on an earlier Grand Canyon trip, the grit easily washed out after running it in clean tap water at the hotel after the trip ended. The Rubber B strap did have a little less sheen after the trip, but a little Armor All cleaned the strap such that it looked like new. I also learned that the Cartier Cleaning Gel for Cartier rubber strap watches also makes the strap look as good as new.

-Sheldon
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Rolex Experiences & Information www.minus4plus6.com

Administrator Avatar von Hannes
    Seems like a great adventure, my friend

Thanks for sharing.
    Gruß, Hannes

Hey thanks! I forgot to mention that the watch lume glowed all night after being in the sunlight all day. Who says that Rolex lume is sub-par. The watch was very readable at night.

-Sheldon
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Rolex Experiences & Information www.minus4plus6.com

Gesperrter User
    Hey, thanks, very great! Horsti/Germany