Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 10

When is a Rolex considered.......

Vintage?? How old does a Rolex have to be to be considered vintage? Is it the Age, how long they haven't been produced anymore or if they have Saphire or not?? Let's see what you think..

Cheers,
    Thomas
    PAM232, PAM118, 16610, 116610LN, 16710, 116710LN, 1966 Breitling Navitimer 806

Freccione Avatar von RBLU
    Everything with Plexi is 100% Vintage!!

However, as the time moves on, more of the saphire modells are now considered as vintage or better "neo-vintage".

For example, a triple 6 SD produced in the late eighties is commonly considered as a pure breed vintage!

Regards,
    Bernhard

Oyster
    Themenstarter
    Okay, so far so good. I understand the Neo vintage with the Saphire's, but what should be a rule of thumb, 20, 25 years? Eventually they will be that old too. I have a GMT II from '93 (18 years) which would make it Neo vintage, but will it be vintage in two years or only in 7 years or more?

Regards,
    Thomas
    PAM232, PAM118, 16610, 116610LN, 16710, 116710LN, 1966 Breitling Navitimer 806

Freccione Avatar von RBLU
    Of course, every watch will become evnetually vintage or in 100 years antique...

I think there were many significant dates indicating major step changes in the Rolex history such as the transition from plexi to saphire. Right now, we are in such period where the elegant cases were replaced by the fat cases and saphire inlets.

Therefore, you hope is justified and your '93 GMT will be considered soon as a vintage...

Regards
    Bernhard

Double-Red Avatar von [Dents]Milchschnitte
    Everything older than 25 years is considered Vintage
    Beste Grüsse, Olli

Double-Red Avatar von kurvenfeger
    According to my experience, there is no real rule for "vintage" or "neo-vintage".
    Most ads show "vintage" watches in order to ask for extra money...
    Of course tritium or plexi are clear indications for vintage Rolex watches. But besides that it is very hard to find clear criteria to distinct between 'ordinary' watches and vintage/neo-vintage...
    Grüße,
    Can

I am the REAL Checker Can!
    Suche unpolierte 36mm OP oder DJ in top Zustand aus 2016 (nur mit B+P)

Air-King Avatar von GuyFawkes
    The French guys argue that "vintage" comes from the french word "vingt"-age. So 20yrs is vintage. I don't think there is an answer to this question.

Sea-Dweller
    Everything with plexy IMHO

Although I have seen some sapphire examples with amazing patina

Daytona Avatar von Laohu
    For me vintage Rolex is always combined with a plexi glas . All other "old" Rolex watches with sapphire glas are considered neovintage. But that´s just me.
    Grüsse,
    Laohu

Lesezeichen

Lesezeichen