PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : PRESS RELEASE: New Book About Macro Watch Photography Coming Soon!

jholbrook
07.02.2008, 12:48
PRESS RELEASE
For More Information Contact:
John B. Holbrook, II
john@jbhenterprises.net

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The First Book Macro Watch Photography Near Completion

Dayton Ohio USA, February 2008 – John B. Holbrook, II, freelance writer & photographer in the luxury watch industry announced today that he is near completion on the first instructional book to ever be written about the macro watch photography. The working title of the book is, MACRO WATCH PHOTOGRAPHY FOR BEGINNERS.

"I've always wanted to write a book to help watch enthusiasts as well as those who sell watches online take better watch photographs." "I've been taking watch photos for a long time, but when I first started out, I struggled for a long time with camera settings, lighting, and photo editing." "Hopefully no one will have to struggle again after reading this book."

John Holbrook's name is well-known in the luxury watch community. Not only has he written about and photographed watches for nearly every luxury watch trade publication in the US including IW Magazine, WATCHTIME, HR: Watches, WATCH & JEWELRY REVIEW, and CHRONOS, but he also owns the watch enthusiast online discussion forum WATCH TALK FORUMS (www.watchtalkforums.info) and the ROLEX REFERENCE PAGE (www.rolexreferencepage.com). John is a member of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP), as well as having been accepted for four years running in Canon Professional Services (CPS).

The book is the first in a series of two instructional books about macro watch photography. As the title suggests, MACRO WATCH PHOTOGRAPHY FOR BEGINNERS targets those who are just starting out in watch photograph, and will cover such fundamental topics as basic equipment needs, proper lighting, and post-photo editing software. The second volume will cover more advanced topics for those looking to take their watch photography to a more advanced, professional level.

MACRO WATCH PHOTOGRAPHY FOR BEGINNERS is projected to be over 150 pgs. in length, and is targeted for a March 2008 release as an eBook in .PDF format for a retail price of $30.00.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/jholbrook/Book/MP-book-cover1.jpg

Cover art for MACRO WATCH PHOTOGRAPHY FOR BEGINNERS

bullibeer
07.02.2008, 12:58
He John,

great for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great when things come to a final stage,.. you are working on for a long time,...
Do you have some little look at what we can expect ....

If good (means new info for me),.... count me in!!!!!!!!

Big Congrats!!!!

NicoH
07.02.2008, 13:04
Hey John, congrats :dr:

Does it "only" come as an e-book, or is a later release on paper on order?

Cheers-
Nico

jholbrook
07.02.2008, 13:27
Originally posted by bullibeer
He John,

great for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great when things come to a final stage,.. you are working on for a long time,...
Do you have some little look at what we can expect ....

If good (means new info for me),.... count me in!!!!!!!!

Big Congrats!!!!

Thanks much!

When I get the site up with the full description (including a chapter by chapter breakdown) I will post additional information. This site will also have the ordering instuctions in place. :gut:

jholbrook
07.02.2008, 13:28
Originally posted by NicoH
Hey John, congrats :dr:

Does it "only" come as an e-book, or is a later release on paper on order?

Cheers-
Nico

Due to the target (read small) market, a traditional publisher with hard copy printing isn't really an option. But I've laid out the PDF so that the book can be printed out with no difficulty whatsoever.

NicoH
07.02.2008, 13:36
Alright. As much as I think that computers do help in life, books are something that I prefer holding in my hands: A book like yours is supposed to be fun to read, and reading it on the computer screen would make it look like work (which it is not supposed to be).

Looking forward to it anyway!

Cheers-
Nico

delgado
07.02.2008, 16:08
great, cant wait to read it..

slimshady
07.02.2008, 16:57
Well done buddy. :dr:

I also would like to publish a book sometime.

ehemaliges mitglied
07.02.2008, 19:22
Is there a discount for forum-members :D

PVH
07.02.2008, 21:29
Original von Hadoque

good question!

But first of all we have to say THANK YOU John :verneig:

jholbrook
07.02.2008, 23:41
Originally posted by Hadoque

LOL! Who else but forum members will purchase the book? :tongue:

ehemaliges mitglied
08.02.2008, 05:36
LOL! Who else but forum members will purchase the book?

In other words - this is a definite "NO".... :grb: :motz:

Greetings, Juergen

Pille
08.02.2008, 08:19
Great idea, John :gut:
But as well as Nico I also prefer reading on paper than on screen, but we'll see :]

jholbrook
08.02.2008, 12:17
Originally posted by Pille
Great idea, John :gut:
But as well as Nico I also prefer reading on paper than on screen, but we'll see :]

Well, if I had to print and bind the book, and ship it, the price would more than double. I'm sure you can print it out in your office for much less. :D

jholbrook
08.02.2008, 12:18
Originally posted by Magic

LOL! Who else but forum members will purchase the book?

In other words - this is a definite "NO".... :grb: :motz:

Greetings, Juergen

You live in Dubai...something tells me you don't need a discount on a $30.00 book. :tongue: :tongue:

steve73
08.02.2008, 13:50
Great! :gut:
Are you working on a translation?

Hannibal
08.02.2008, 21:11
Perhaps John will do, using these two links from his Rolex Reference Page: ;)

Google Translation Site (http://translate.google.com/translate_t) This site can translate text to and from several different languages. Handy when visiting watch related pages from other countries.
Babble Fish Web Site Translator (http://www.babblefish.com/babblefish/language_webt.htm)Site allows you to type in a URL of a web site and translate it from one language to another. VERY helpful tool for surfing foreign language watch related web sites.

Then we all have a riddle wrapped up in an enigma ...

Kind regards
Volker

jholbrook
09.02.2008, 05:01
Actually a German translation is currently being considered. :]

The tranlation sites are OK for a words or a few phrases...but not for an entire book.