PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : 1st charity watch fund-raising campain from bod1303

Edmundo
31.01.2008, 11:34
I would like to promote our members bod1303 charity watch fund-raising campain.

1.Uhrenspendenaktion 2007/08 (http://www.r-l-x.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=68906)

You can win some watches (e.g. a very nice Rolex 16800). Every donation of 5€ or above will participate in the drawing. The money is given to l´ESPERANCE Kinderhilfe e.V. to support children in the third world.

Unfortunately the finish date is very near: Feb. 4th, 2008.

You can transfer the money to the following account:
l´ESPERANCE Kinderhilfe e.V.
IBAN: DE17506500230034222224
BIC: HELADEF1HAN

You can get mor information here 1.Uhrenspendenaktion 2007/08 (http://www.r-l-x.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=68906&page=1) or here http://www.uhrenspendenaktion.de/ . This information is only in German, but maybe Dirk/bod1303 can make more information available to you.

I keep fingers crossed that you will win one of the fantastic prices. I´m hoping to be a winner to, but at least all children supported by the donations are winners.

jholbrook
31.01.2008, 11:55
I believe an English translation will be key to getting the support of the English speaking community.

Edmundo
31.01.2008, 11:58
Original von jholbrook
I believe an English translation will be key to getting the support of the English speaking community.

I agree, but unfortunately there is no English translation until now. So I tried to summarize the key facts in English. Maybe another member can add more information, because the campain is ending soon.

There is a big chance of winning a watch, a much bigger chance than winning lottery. ;)

ehemaliges mitglied
31.01.2008, 20:37
John, you are absolutely right. An english translation is absolutely needed.

I donated some money to this organisation via Paypal from the US to Dirk who is the initiator of this effort to help children in need.

I can try to translate some parts of this later today if that would help. I will post it here.

Basically, Dirk made this like an auction, people who donate money can win a watch.

Feel free to contact Dirk (bod1303) via this forum if you want to join those who help these children. The organisation is helping poor children in Brasial, Africa, and several other countries as far as I know, please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,
Boris

Originally posted by jholbrook

ehemaliges mitglied
31.01.2008, 20:42
Elmar,

making a wire for this from the US makes no sense whatsoever, because the cost of the wire will be over 50 Dollars to Germany. So Paypal is the only alternative, and that is what I did with Dirk. If anybody needs Dirk's email, I can provide it for a paypal donation. I am sure Dirk will be very happy if other members from the English speaking forum join in this effort.

Just PM me.

Or if Dirk approves, I can post his Email here?

Boris

Edmundo
31.01.2008, 21:00
Original von redsubmariner
Elmar,

making a wire for this from the US makes no sense whatsoever, because the cost of the wire will be over 50 Dollars to Germany. So Paypal is the only alternative, and that is what I did with Dirk. If anybody needs Dirk's email, I can provide it for a paypal donation. I am sure Dirk will be very happy if other members from the English speaking forum join in this effort.

Just PM me.

Or if Dirk approves, I can post his Email here?

Boris

Boris, thank you for your help. A translation would be perfect and help to collect some more money for the children.

You are absolutely right. I thought of members from Europe (e.g. England) for a bank wire transfer. Within the EU it should be for free. For all others it is very expensive.

But I forgot Paypal. Paypal is of course perfect for all other countries and faster than bank wire. :gut: Thanks again, Boris.

ehemaliges mitglied
31.01.2008, 22:16
Elmar, will Dirk agree if I post his Email address here so people can Paypal money to him for this effort? I cannot reach him.

Boris

ehemaliges mitglied
31.01.2008, 22:28
I got a translation, and uploaded it to Photobucket already containing Dirk's Email as well. Once I receive approval from Dirk, I will post it here. Meanwhile, I will just post a short translation without his email:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m251/redsub2006/spende.jpg

Bod1303
31.01.2008, 22:52
...all right, thanks very very much for your help Elmar and Boris, it is so great to do work with you.

Ok, first possibly short, the idea to do that Rolex Watch lottery has grown over several months. To support that Children orphan organisation is "my job" since 25 years. In real life I am an Orthopaedics doctor ;)
In 1983 a friend of my parents built up the first orphan village in Äthiopia and did a really good job. At that time I was 19 years old and did slide shows from Äthiopia in christian churchs to get money for lÉSPERANCE. Later villages in Ruanda, Uganda, Bolivia, and Brazil followed.

So last year we started to do auctions with Rolex non watch articles ( and we still do, look on ebay!) with support of r-l-x, later we tried several small Rolex Precision 6694 and in summer someone from r-l-x forum donated 2 complete Rolex Submariner watches ( 16800 and 168000). One of them is on lottery now. With help of several members of this great forum we managed to publish this lottery in German watch magacine "Chronos" and we managed to build an internet link ( www.uhrenspendenaktion.de)
Now it is almost closed. On Feb.4th is last day to send money for the orphans and in order to take part to that lottery.

But you all have some days chance, because you can do it with my paypal account untill Feb. 4th. So there are 4 days left. Paypal is not so expensive at all.

"If you want to join the party" put some donating money on paypal: watch2007@arcor.de and you will take part to the watch lottery and will get a receipt for a donation to charity, too.

Sofar we do have some more than 8300 Euros. Hope it will be a little bit more next few days.

Feel free to aks if you have any questions

with friendly regards from Germany

Dirk

ehemaliges mitglied
31.01.2008, 23:32
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m251/redsub2006/spendenflyeryt9-1.jpg

Tomi
01.02.2008, 12:49
I'm happy to read the whole story in English now. :gut:
I need to say that I was going to pass this, 'cos the German version was just too difficult for me to translate. :ka:
I hope there is also an English page available when it's time to keep next similar kind of charity campaign.
That would make it much easier to promote also for folk here in Finland.

Nice work Dirk, keep it up. :dr:

Bod1303
01.02.2008, 16:31
Original von Tomi
I'm happy to read the whole story in English now. :gut:
I need to say that I was going to pass this, 'cos the German version was just too difficult for me to translate. :ka:
I hope there is also an English page available when it's time to keep next similar kind of charity campaign.
That would make it much easier to promote also for folk here in Finland.

Nice work Dirk, keep it up. :dr:

we will do " a next time" sure

..but feel free now to join this auction on paypal watch2007@arcor.de ;) :D

regards Dirk

Tomi
01.02.2008, 21:20
Oh good.. I totally forgot how anykind of "lotterys" are treated in Finland because of our governmental monopoly.
People that are running this country are still living in medieval times.. :motz:
They were seriously just planning to make even this kind of law for us: Online poker (http://www.winneronline.com/articles/january2008/finlandnetlosses.htm) :rofl:
I need to check this better, but I'm quite posite that there is going to be problems if it's advertised on a Finnish page.. :(

Well, I haven't ratified our laws for myself, so they don't have an effect for me. :grb:
:D :D

Bod1303
01.02.2008, 22:24
Hey Tomi,

thanks for that fast paypal payment, great !!! :gut: :verneig:

...and good luck for next wednesday for you,too!!!

kind regards Dirk

ehemaliges mitglied
02.02.2008, 05:57
Dirk,

this sounds pretty good sofar, next time with an english translation homepage you should get even more donors...

Boris

Edmundo
02.02.2008, 07:44
Tomi, many thanks to Finnland :verneig:

416rimless
02.02.2008, 08:03
Well done, Elmar :gut:

ehemaliges mitglied
02.02.2008, 08:50
Anyone still wants to support poor orphaned Children and help Dirk's effort? Your help will be greatly appreciated by the children! Hey come on, what is 50 bucks compared to a Rolex Service Center overhaul, right? You wouldnt even get a crystal for that...

Bod1303
03.02.2008, 17:13
Anyone still wants to support poor orphaned Children and help Dirk's effort? Your help will be greatly appreciated by the children! Hey come on, what is 50 bucks compared to a Rolex Service Center overhaul, right? You wouldnt even get a crystal for that...

Thanks Boris, since yesterday there were 3 paypal money transfers, it works absolutly easy.
Paypal helps alot for the last days, they take 4 % but that doesn´t matter, I will fill it up again for the children ;)

Come on every friend of charity and Rolex, don´t miss that chance to win 4 great watches, round about 350 tickets, good chance at all to win the really complete Sub16800 matte dial !!!

kind regards from Germany and much luck on wednesday for everybody :gut: :gut:

Dirk

ehemaliges mitglied
03.02.2008, 21:40
Dirk, thats awesome, I hope we will get some more transfers today. Next time we have to make a concerted effort to address englishspeaking people, it will give you such a large audience. I can help you with that.

Bod1303
05.02.2008, 10:21
Dirk, thats awesome, I hope we will get some more transfers today. Next time we have to make a concerted effort to address englishspeaking people, it will give you such a large audience. I can help you with that.

Result is not that bad, yesterday we got a great "finale"!
Alltogether a very very little bit more than 10.000 Euros.

That´s great result in my opinion and we do it again...

let´s do it again alltogether :D

with friendly regards from Germany

Dirk

Edmundo
05.02.2008, 11:35
Thanks for the update!

Very good result! Thanks to everyone! :gut:

ehemaliges mitglied
06.02.2008, 18:15
the winners are out:

www.uhrenspendenaktion.de

Congrats and let's repeat this sometime soon to help the children!

ehemaliges mitglied
06.02.2008, 18:16
winners of the action (http://www.uhrenspendenaktion.de/042f0e99f508f1c07/index.html)