PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Rolex Sub 5513 from 1967

ehemaliges mitglied
24.01.2008, 17:22
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m251/redsub2006/5513IMG_6306.jpg

1.7 Mil serial, same age as me. But I think I may go for a gilt dial so this one has to go...

Boris

jholbrook
24.01.2008, 17:36
Very nice - is this a new aquisition?

Gerard
24.01.2008, 17:50
A Submariner with the same age as yourself, and you want to sell it?
A dream for the most of us.. ;)

Are you sure about that?

Jason Spring
24.01.2008, 20:16
Beautiful watch, I would be crazy, by owning a rolex with the same age as myself !!!

ehemaliges mitglied
25.01.2008, 05:17
John, yes this is a new acquisition. Got it a couple days ago. I wish the watch had papers though, and it doesn't. That would complete my feeling about having a watch the same age as myself.

But now that people here say to me that I am crazy to sell a watch the same age as I am, I will not sell it any more. I will keep it. Decision made. This is like an incurable illness, once you get started with vintage Rolex, you can't stop. It's a hobby that can bankrupt you... :) Help!

Gerard
25.01.2008, 06:24
Glad to hear you are going to keep that gorgeous Sub... :gut: :gut:

ehemaliges mitglied
25.01.2008, 21:55
I just spoke to the guy who was going to buy the watch and told him that I was born in the same year as this watch, and he said, DO NOT SELL IT! I am glad. This will be a keeper for the rest of my life. :)

Without the members in this forum, the watch would be gone already. And I would be so sad now. Instead, I am happy as a king that I kept it. Lot of joy ahead, it is on my wrist now.

I may give the watch a good servicing if Rolex agrees to work on it. Will check it out next week.

Thanks everybody for your encouragement to keep the watch!

jholbrook
25.01.2008, 22:43
Originally posted by redsubmariner
John, yes this is a new acquisition. Got it a couple days ago. I wish the watch had papers though, and it doesn't. That would complete my feeling about having a watch the same age as myself.

But now that people here say to me that I am crazy to sell a watch the same age as I am, I will not sell it any more. I will keep it. Decision made. This is like an incurable illness, once you get started with vintage Rolex, you can't stop. It's a hobby that can bankrupt you... :) Help!

As I OFTEN say, I should take up a much less financially destructive hobby....like crack! :tongue:

It certainly doesn't cost you anything to keep it....and if you spot one later on with the box and papers, you can always sell the first one to fund the other. :gut:

ehemaliges mitglied
26.01.2008, 05:15
John,

from the past years this has been my experience, always when I felt I wanted to get another or "better" Rolex (in my eyes!), I could sell one watch to fund the new buy. Generally I would not lose money, and that is really great about Rolex Vintages. However, it is a hobby that is at least as addictive as crack...LOL

Originally posted by jholbrook

Originally posted by redsubmariner

As I OFTEN say, I should take up a much less financially destructive hobby....like crack! :tongue:

It certainly doesn't cost you anything to keep it....and if you spot one later on with the box and papers, you can always sell the first one to fund the other. :gut:

ehemaliges mitglied
27.01.2008, 04:36
Does anybody know a good source where I could get matching hands for this old sub?

ehemaliges mitglied
31.01.2008, 22:34
Some hands for a 1680 sold today in the bay for 475 bucks... crazy...

mike 1675
04.02.2008, 21:15
Congrats on a great addition. :gut: