PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : A Rolex Red Sub with box and papers and everything hangtags etc?

ehemaliges mitglied
27.12.2007, 21:52
Hi everybody,

I have an offer to acquire a Rolex Red Sub with 3 Mil Serial from a trusted person. It includes the box (coffin), hangtags, serial tag, certificate papers showing the jeweler it was bought from, so it is a full complete package. How much should one expect to pay for this? I am in the US, so a price quote in Dollars is probably more useful, but even in Euros is interesting to know. I probably have a week to sleep over it, but I am tempted...

I will post pictures as soon as the seller is sending me pictures. The dial is refinished, but the watch is nearly 40 years old, so that could be expected.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to hear from you fellow WIS.

Cheers, Boris

ehemaliges mitglied
27.12.2007, 22:25
Oh I forgot, prices may probably not be discussed here, so please send me a private message if you have some ideas regarding pricing of such a nice complete package. How much would any of you pay for this?

delgado
28.12.2007, 01:38
I would stay away from ANY refinished dial.. no matter how good of a deal and/or how rare the watch is... period..

Sorry, most serious collectors would not consider such a watch unless they had a dial on hand that would fit the watch..

For papers, they should be chronometers papers and the serials punched..

Price, if everything is correct.. about 20k usd.. but it will cost you more next year..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/drdelgado/1680RSbp/D2x3959.jpg

thesharkman
28.12.2007, 01:43
a well known dealer was selling a killer red w/ paper for $17k. it sat for a while until a rich and famous person bought it (not sure at what price tho).

<* shark >>><

ehemaliges mitglied
28.12.2007, 03:39
Thanks delgado. The papers are not punched, the seller told me. Is that wrong? I guess I will pass this offer and wait for the "real deal" in terms of an unfinished dial. Are there any ways how I could recognize that a dial is refinished just from looking at it? What kind of clues would be there?

Thanks, Boris

Edmundo
28.12.2007, 05:29
Most fake papers are not punched until now. It is easy to write the serial number into a "new" certificate from ebay.

A refinished dial is a ko-criteria. it is not a red watch any more and the dial is worthless.

ehemaliges mitglied
28.12.2007, 07:40
I agree with all your opinions, in my book a refinished dial is not really a red sub any more. So I will refrain from this watch, unless I can locate a real unfinished red sub dial somewhere which is probably highly unlikely. There are so many doctored red subs out there, it has become really hard to find a real one. But prices are also going through the ceiling... amazing... Shark, 17k is pretty crazy for a red sub, I guess it wont take long until we hit 20k and maybe 30k???!?

The story with nonpunched papers is interesting, too. Its so easy to write something on a certificate, but punching it will be much harder to fake.

Cheers all, Boris

Vanessa
28.12.2007, 09:27
I do accept written papers in the non-punched version when the adress of the first buyer is written in it and the original receipt of purchase - best with an old credit card slip from the machine- comes with the watch...hard to fake all components of such a package....

I do not accept refinished dials- there are simply too much complete red subs out there which are perfect- you do not need to buy a re-finished one...

http://i4.tinypic.com/87iwdb8.jpg

Henry6263
28.12.2007, 11:02
a nice package, but a refinised deal is an absolut no go for a vintage rolex.

greetings

Henry

jholbrook
28.12.2007, 13:36
I also question where the ceiling is for these watches....20k? 30k? WOW!! 8o

COMEX
28.12.2007, 14:02
Original von Henry6263
a nice package, but a refinised deal is an absolut no go for a vintage rolex.

greetings

Henry

Totally agree!

http://i9.tinypic.com/833k1gp.jpg

http://i13.tinypic.com/85zaa8j.jpg

For nice packages the price will rise in 2008...

ehemaliges mitglied
29.12.2007, 00:39
OK, here are more questions:
Is the box for the Red Sub always supposed to be the seahorse box? Or can it be the coffin box as well?

I wonder where the price limit for vintage Rolexes will be? Or will there be any pricelimit at all?

I used to have a really nice 25xxx serial red sub someone stole from me, and that one had a perfect unrefinished dial. So I should settle for no less than a completely original untouched dial.