PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : WARNING --- Potential Fraud by CBB Watches www.cbbwatches.com based in Berlin, Germany

Patekdoc_az
23.12.2007, 17:12
I was told that this is the largest rolex forum in Germany. I decided to post a warning to a potential fraud with a German Watch company, CBB Watches. I cannot read or write in German and I apologise if i posted this in wrong column.

I have paid Euros 24000.00 to CBB Watches based in Berlin, Germany for Patek Philippe 5712. The wire was in July 2007. CBB Watches gave acknowledge the payment with an invoice. Due to many shipping delays by CBB Watches (close to 2 months), I finally decided to cancel my watch order in early Oct 2007 and requested for a full refund. CBB Watches agreed and processed my refund. However, until today, I have not received my refund. CBB Watches claimed to have remitted the refund twice. However, they could not, and were unwilling to show me the bank wire receipt or any other information about the transfer they have made.

The emails from this company slowly became rude and not professional. I would like to warn all watch collectors who plan to make purchases from this company to hold on.

Below are all the information I have on this company and the people I dealt with.

1) Company name - CBB Europe (as per invoice)
2) Website - www.cbbwatches.com
3) Company Address - Einstein Palais, Friedrichstr. 171, D-10117 Berlin, Germany
4) Wire sent to - Christian Briese
5) Wire Information - Commerzbank AG, Konto 125579300, BLZ 10040000, IBAN 87100400000125579300, BIC/SWIFT COBADEFFXXX
6) Bank Address - Commerzbank AG, Filiale Berlin-City-West, Tauentzienstr, D - 10789 Berlin
7) Telephone - 0049 (0) 30 469 99-2076
8) Fax - 0049 (0) 30 469 99-2077
9) Emails - sales@cbbwatches.com; clearing@cbbwatches.com; info@cbb-com.ch
10) Person last contacted - Stephanie Kipsch (Assistant Head of Sales CBB Watches)
11) Person contacted prior - Van Feld (Head of Sales), Sandra Heinrich (CBB Clearing Staff), Mara Seiler (CBB Sales Staff), Anja Helm (CBB Sales Staff)
12) IP Address - 81.169.146.189, 81.169.146.188
13) Other Information - Mastercard/ Visa/ American Express registered

Information I found out so far.... The company address is a virtual office that they rented. The telephone and fax numbers are based on forwarding services. Their website is hosted by free German freemail account.

I would like to appeal and seek help from German/ EU collectors on any information about this company. Not that anyone needs money, but the one who is able to assist in getting back the refund successfully, i would like to present EUROS 5000.00 as reward to show my gratitude.

For those who have previous dealing with this company, i appreciate if you can share information with me. Please help to spread the words around on this company as I do not wish to see another victim.

Vanessa
23.12.2007, 18:06
Hmmm, you may like to contact Rallepeng as he is located in Berlin and an active member here in the community- good luck!

artbroker
25.12.2007, 15:23
Hello Patek doc
after checking some of theire informations on the website they claim place of juristriction Zurich Switzerland
My only advise i could give you to get hold of your funds is to employ a lawyer in Berlin who will go to teh police and file a fraud report
Even they will not get hold of them for teh fraud colecting your money at least the have to declare teh money to teh german revenue
Nothing less will not get you further
Keep in touch by pn maybe we can assist

ehemaliges mitglied
25.12.2007, 15:41
it remembers me on the "Jouissance"-affaire.........

artbroker
27.12.2007, 13:55
you are right TTT but they only publish there service through a website Jouissance was even more tricky and clever.
I doubt i would wire 21000 euro to such a company...
I hope he can resolve the problem.

chronos7
27.12.2007, 14:06
Hey Patekdoc!

You are right, it seems to be that the CBBWATCHES is a fraud company.
You are not the only victim.

You can make a report and press charges by berlin police.

Please send your report with your particulars, adress, copys of all papers (bank transfer, letters etc.) to the following police office:

Der Polizeipräsident in Berlin
Dir 3 VB III 3
Kruppstr. 14
10557 Berlin
Germany

I hope, this information helps you a little bit.

With best regards

Uwe

artbroker
10.01.2008, 13:08
any news upon this issue?

Patekdoc_az
10.01.2008, 18:19
I have engaged a German lawyer and request for refund letter is out. If Christian Briese Berlin (CBB) does not pay by 20th Jan 2008, a court summon will be issued. If Christian Briese is smart, he will send refund to avoid prosecution. I will update again when i have more information.

vitus
12.01.2008, 17:22
i wish you good luck with this case ! -

i would never buy from such a homepage -

the design seems "too" perfect and very professional, at the same time the quality of the watch pictures are very bad - i suppose a serious watch seller would never post such crappy stock pics to sell those kind of watches

second it seems odd that he had almost all models for sale with incredible prices

beware next time

best regards vitus