PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : For our 10th wedding anniversary...

tweakshop_be
04.09.2007, 15:46
...I really wanted to buy something special for my wife!

After some searching here in the salescorner, where i bought my sea-dweller, i found a great shop in Germany close to the Belgian border, with very good references in the forum here.
We were offered a nice selection with a cup of coffee, and my wife's eye fell on this one, a NOS lady-datejust she couldn't resist to:

http://users.telenet.be/computechshop/SD/hor_nat640.jpg

http://users.telenet.be/computechshop/SD/hor_nat640_2.jpg

And it came accompanied with it's original papers:

http://users.telenet.be/computechshop/SD/hornat640_3.jpg

She is very happy with the watch, has been wearing it for 2 weeks now with virtually no gain / loss in timekeeping.

Small downside, after inspecting it the day after we bought it, according to the bracelet code on the clasp it is produced in 2001, but according to the original papers it was sold in 2000.
Should i be worried about this, or would you experts say that it's no problem?

My kind regards, Peter

NicoH
04.09.2007, 15:58
Peter,

congrats on all accounts: It is a beautiful watch you bought, it is even more important that your wife likes it but most of all: congrats on your anniversary! :gut:

The thing with the bracelet code is funny... I won´t be much of a help on this one I am afraid. It just doesn´t make much sense. The only explanation would be that the bracelet had been replaced. If that had been the case, the watch would have to be heavily worn and at least the hologram would be gone...

Ask the seller if you are worried.

If you don´t care, simply enjoy the watch! ;)

All the best-
Nico

tweakshop_be
04.09.2007, 16:06
Hello Nico,

thanks for your reply, the watch is absolutely looking brand new, if it would have been worn a lot the case and crown would also show marks of wear, wich they do absolutely not.
I have not asked the seller yet, because my wife is so happy with it, and she does not really care about that code in the bracelet.
For me personally, it's ok for me if it's ok for her, but personally for my own watches i do like them to be 100% correct, everything must match.
But in the end, it's no big deal, she's happy and so am I ! :D

Greetings and thanks,
Peter

PCS
04.09.2007, 16:54
Congrats!!! To watch and anniversary. :gut:

Idle Swede
04.09.2007, 17:16
Congrats to the anniversary and a great looking watch....... ;)

tweakshop_be
04.09.2007, 18:29
Thanks guys ! :dr:

newharry
04.09.2007, 20:29
Double congrats also from Vienna =)

Teunis der Holländer
06.09.2007, 12:47
Gefeliciteerd ook vanuit Hamburg. :]

Ziet er goed uit.

Congrats also from Hamburg.

Watch looks great.

Greetings, Teunis

OrangeHand
06.09.2007, 14:32
One Rolex daimond for each year of mariage! Just the perfect gift. :gut:

We also had our 10th wedding anniversary this summer. My wife preferred a Submariner. ;)

tweakshop_be
07.09.2007, 13:38
Thanks to everybody, also my congrats to you Frank! :gut:

A submariner was no option for my wife, she likes the classic look of the datejust.

Greetings,
Peter