PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Accuracy after service

vassilis
15.05.2007, 18:41
Hello again! =)
When a Rolex watch is sent for service at Rolex I imagine that its movement is taken out, disassembled, cleaned and then put inside the case again. Is it so?
During this procedure how is the movement's accuracy affected? Is it checked if it still meets the COSC standards? And what happens if it does not? Is it adjusted and re-submitted to COSC?
Thank you!

THX_Ultra
15.05.2007, 20:15
No usually it is not re-tested by COSC, but it will be adjusted by Rolex or the authorized watchmaker, so that it will be as accurate as it should be.

vassilis
15.05.2007, 21:47
So, the certification from COSC is done only once at the beggining. Is there a warranty period for that?

THX_Ultra
15.05.2007, 22:28
Yes it is done just once, but you don't get a COSC certificate for every single watch. What Kind of warranty would you like to have? COSC doesn't mean that the watch will be accurate for a certain period of time, it just says that it fulfills the criterias at the stage of testing.

vassilis
15.05.2007, 23:05
Well, I'm asking this because I've heard that if someone finds out that his watch gets out of COSC standards within some period of time after purchase, then he can send it back to Rolex for re-adjusting for free. Is it true?
Of course, I may have misunderstood the person who told me that... :D

Edmundo
16.05.2007, 06:52
The COSC test is done only at the movement, before setting it into the case. That is different to the German chronometer specification made by Wempe. At Wempe the complete watch is tested.

vassilis
16.05.2007, 12:12
Thank you for the info! :]
I guess the German tests are more "real-life" and accurate than the Swiss ones! :cool: