PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : The Restoration of my Red Sub, Part I>>>>>>

jholbrook
07.02.2007, 03:25
Hey guys!

Well, I've been quite busy cleaning, photographying, and writing tonight! :D :D :D Follow the link below to what I hope will be a very enjoyable article for Rolex fans:

http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/1680/1680a.html

Please let me know your thoughts on this article and the progress so far. :supercool:

Dongue
07.02.2007, 08:22
Wonderfull Sub!

steboe
07.02.2007, 08:44
Thanks for posting. :gut:..please keep us updated with the restoration progress...I also can´t wait... ;)

OrangeHand
07.02.2007, 09:02
The watch is in fact wonderfull, considering its age and what it has possibly gone through in all these years. In my eyes the pale bezel really renders this RedSub very remarkable and incredibly attractive. Add the missing pearl and keep it. That would be my advice.

As for the bracelet. That is the only thing I don't like about this watch. It should be possible to purchase a nicer one. Of course tho original should be kept. But this is what you intend to do anyway if I understood you correctly.

Congratulations for your great buy. :gut:

I admire that you had the courage of buying a watch which was not yet in a perfect condition. This is what most of us would be looking for. It is great that you had the heart of "saving" one which was a bit neglected and thus in a quite shabby state. You are providing a great service to the Rolex-Fan-Community! :verneig:

jk737
07.02.2007, 09:06
Many thanks for posting the link! I am looking forward to seeing part II!

:gut:

niksnutz
07.02.2007, 09:21
thanks for the link :gut:,im waiting for the next part......

4rolex4me
07.02.2007, 09:23
Great watch and report! :supercool:

Looking forward to part II. :gut:

miboroco
07.02.2007, 09:53
Original von niksnutz
thanks for the link :gut:,im waiting for the next part......

ich auch :gut:

[Dents]Milchschnitte
07.02.2007, 09:54
Thank you for sharing this John,

as usual, very nice pictures and in depth information on your current project.
The best of luck to you and your efforts in seeking to restore this beauty.
Please keep us up to date on the process.

Best regards,

Oliver

DeeJay
07.02.2007, 10:03
great work John ;) :gut:

Mawal
07.02.2007, 10:16
very good article on this "work in progress" project...

please keep us updated, thanks.

Rolifan
07.02.2007, 12:12
Very nice!! :gut: :gut:

jholbrook
07.02.2007, 12:13
Original von OrangeHand
The watch is in fact wonderfull, considering its age and what it has possibly gone through in all these years. In my eyes the pale bezel really renders this RedSub very remarkable and incredibly attractive. Add the missing pearl and keep it. That would be my advice.

As for the bracelet. That is the only thing I don't like about this watch. It should be possible to purchase a nicer one. Of course tho original should be kept. But this is what you intend to do anyway if I understood you correctly.

Congratulations for your great buy. :gut:

I admire that you had the courage of buying a watch which was not yet in a perfect condition. This is what most of us would be looking for. It is great that you had the heart of "saving" one which was a bit neglected and thus in a quite shabby state. You are providing a great service to the Rolex-Fan-Community! :verneig:

I tend to agree - this watch is a real diamond in the rough. Many folks have adviced me to keep the current bezel on the watch....which I'm still thinking about. :]

Oyster-Day
07.02.2007, 12:15
Very nice Sub....... :gut:

jholbrook
07.02.2007, 12:16
Original von [Dents]Milchschnitte
Thank you for sharing this John,

as usual, very nice pictures and in depth information on your current project.
The best of luck to you and your efforts in seeking to restore this beauty.
Please keep us up to date on the process.

Best regards,

Oliver

Thank you oliver - I most certainly will! :gut:

simon
07.02.2007, 17:44
John,

what an amazing article, what an amazing watch! Keep on writing and keep us posted. Your stories are always very well written.

jholbrook
07.02.2007, 20:20
Original von simon
John,

what an amazing article, what an amazing watch! Keep on writing and keep us posted. Your stories are always very well written.

That's very kind of you to say. I just came back from dropping it off to the service center - the guys there (big time Rolex fans) could not believe my good fortune in finding it!

Tobimat2000
07.02.2007, 21:12
just great!

maut
07.02.2007, 22:37
what a beauty!

to be honest i would keep it cosmetically as it is right now, keep the bracelet, keep the bezel, find a pearl, but have the movement serviced.

and then wear it. :)

Milgauss
07.02.2007, 22:54
Fantastisch - Mann, was muss DAS für eine geile Uhr sein! :gut:

=)

jholbrook
08.02.2007, 11:40
Original von maut
what a beauty!

to be honest i would keep it cosmetically as it is right now, keep the bracelet, keep the bezel, find a pearl, but have the movement serviced.

and then wear it. :)

I've heard this advice from a couple of people. :tongue:

I'm still undecided as to whether I'll get a new bracelet for it, but I don't think it will hurt anything to shine it up, and put a new bezel insert on it (keeping to old one in storage of course).

thesharkman
08.02.2007, 18:59
personally, i think ANY sort of polishing would be a mistake, but that is just me :D

<* shark >>><