PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : TUTORIAL: How To Remove Scratches From The Polished Center Link Of An Oyster Bracelet

jholbrook
20.03.2006, 03:59
Greetings Rolex Fans,

I finally got around to doing a tutorial on removing scratches from the polished links of a Rolex Oyster Bracelet. Here's the link to the article:

http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/scratches/scratches.html

I hope you find the article helpful! Please do reply to this message with your thoughts! :P

Best,

John

Edmundo
20.03.2006, 06:47
Thank you for your workshop. :gut:

Isnīt an small improvement to put tape on the brushed parts to avoit polishing this parts?

Do you know - are this cloths available in Europe, too?

ehemaliges mitglied
20.03.2006, 09:11
Yep - www.manufactum.de :)

jholbrook
20.03.2006, 11:54
Original von elmar2001
Thank you for your workshop. :gut:

Isnīt an small improvement to put tape on the brushed parts to avoit polishing this parts?

Do you know - are this cloths available in Europe, too?

Well, you certainly cold tape over the outer links as an added precaution, but I don't find it necessary. Using my "Q-Tip" technique, I've never drifted off the polished center area.

Maga
20.03.2006, 12:15
nice story :gut:

jholbrook
20.03.2006, 12:27
Original von Maga
nice story :gut:

Thanks! :P :gut:

Frohlex
20.03.2006, 12:36
Thanks, John.

I think, it is also necessary for the polishing center pieces of a Jubilee.

jholbrook
20.03.2006, 12:42
Original von Frohlex
Thanks, John.

Due to the design of the Jubilee bracelet, they're trickier to polish, but most certainly the techniques in my tutorial could be used on any bracelet with polished components. :gut:

Armando
20.03.2006, 13:02
Original von jholbrook

Original von Frohlex
Thanks, John.

Due to the design of the Jubilee bracelet, they're trickier to polish, but most certainly the techniques in my tutorial could be used on any bracelet with polished components. :gut:

Thank you for your very good work :gut:

Are there known tricks for polish the middle of the Jubilee?

jholbrook
20.03.2006, 14:18
Original von Armando

Original von jholbrook

Original von Frohlex
Thanks, John.

Thank you for your very good work :gut:

Are there known tricks for polish the middle of the Jubilee?

I've not yet tried to polish a Jubilee, but I would say it shouldn't be terribly different, but perhaps go slower and use more care.